You need up-to-date registration in your state to legally operate your vehicle, so each year you'll need to renew it prior to its expiration date. If your expiration date is right around the corner, you've come to the right place. We'll walk you through the process of getting your car registration renewed as quickly and painlessly as possible. Just select your state and click "Get Started."
Renew vehicle registration in Florida
How to renew your vehicle registration in Florida
You will get a notice in the mail telling you when your registration expires. You can renew your registration in Florida before the expiration date either online, by phone, or in person.
Renewing by phone:
- Have your credit/debit card and the registration renewal notice handy before the call.
- Call the toll free number 866-GORENEW 866- 467-3639
- Follow the instructions to complete the registration renewal.
- Go to the Florida Department of Motor Vehicles Online Services website.
- Have your Visa or MasterCard credit/debit card handy to pay for the renewal.
- There is no additional fee for online renewals.
Renewing in person:
- Locate the nearest DMV office or tax collector's office.
- Bring the registration renewal form along with current insurance information and cash, check, credit or debit card to pay for the renewal.
Registration for different categories of vehicles in Florida will have different fees starting from $27.60 as seen here.