You need up-to-date registration in your state to legally operate your vehicle, so each year you'll need to renew it prior to its expiration date. If your expiration date is right around the corner, you've come to the right place. We'll walk you through the process of getting your car registration renewed as quickly and painlessly as possible. Just select your state and click "Get Started."
Renew vehicle registration in Alaska
How to renew your vehicle registration in Alaska
The DMV will let you know when your vehicle registration in Alaska is expiring. You can renew your vehicle registation in Alaska before the expiration date either through the mail, using the DMV's online service, or in person.
Renewing by mail:
- Send in two copies of the renewal form to:
State of Alaska
Division of Motor Vehicle
1300 W Benson Boulevard STE 200
Anchorage, AK 99503-3600
- You must submit the forms completed before the sixth day of the month in which the registration expires.
- Make sure to update your address with the DMV
- Go online to the DMV click here
- Credit cards may be used for renewals. Please note that debit cards are not accepted.
- For online renewals there are no additional fees.
Renewing in person:
- Find your local DMV.
- Fill out the registration form and bring a copy, the pre-bill and I/M inspection certificate along with a check or money order.
- There will be a $10 fee for renewing in person unless your vehicle registration has been expired for more than a year.
- I/M stations may or may not charge additional fees and require the pre-bill. Please check with your preferred I/M Station for details.
- Please note that I/M stations cannot process your registration if you do not have two license plates.
Vehicle registration for different car will have different fees that depend on the class and/or weight of the vehicle and range from $20 to $662 as seen here.